Water Slide Splashes

lofo

Water Slide Splashes

Postby lofo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:40 am

Hi there

I am new to Realflow and I am wondering if what I am doing at the moment is the way to go or if there are better options. I am working on a water slide, so basically water is goin through a tube. I need the water to create splashes when it goes around a curve though. There are obviously no splashes by itself as it is a constant stream as no one is using the slide. I put in wind daemons with animated strength to disrupt the flow and create splashes. I find it hard to control and time consuming to get the splashes I want and not having the stream go wild. Is there a better way of doin it? I need to make liquid going through multiple different shaped Water Slides in a short amount of time so a better solution would be sweet.

Thanks

ChristianZ

Re: Water Slide Splashes

Postby ChristianZ » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi

another daemon which comes to mind is the drag daemon with shield option, or a noise field. Regarding speed of the simulation, I don't think there is much else than testing at low resolution and using higher for rendering, as usual. The hybrido system could be used for the pool at the end of the slide, but not really for the tunnels.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

Return to “RF5: Fluid simulation”