Simulating real paint

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
SirRichard

Simulating real paint

Post by SirRichard » Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi Guys!

I am looking for a way to simulate real paint. I have created a fluid and Mesher that works and looks fine - but now I want the paint to "stick" on a flat surface when it is flowing on it - like real paint is doing this.

Can anyone recommend a tutorial about creating paint and paint splashes and stuff like this?

Thanks a lot!

ChristianZ

Re: Simulating real paint

Post by ChristianZ » Thu May 21, 2020 6:50 am

Hi SirRichard

the challenge with paint is the fact that it is as a fluid very different compared to, for example, water. Paint is not only viscous, but has qualities similar to a solid object like a rubber band that stretches and gets thinner in the process. RealFlow has solvers that help to simulate some aspects of such a material, but maybe not all of them in the same fluid. So, people have made these movies using parameters with the usual Dyverso fluid with long tendrils, which makes it look more like paint, at least as a splash
https://youtu.be/twWso8lOAww
Regarding the sticking, that should be possible with high numbers in the sticky parameter of the objects on which paint flows. You just have to make the entire scene large to make the fluid look thin in comparison.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

Oldcode

Re: Simulating real paint

Post by Oldcode » Tue May 26, 2020 1:07 pm

Hey there,

I don't use Cinema 4D, but maybe this will help. I found a sticky formula that works pretty well in the stand alone version.

http://realflowforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... cky#p54889

Hope this helps. :)
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

Return to “Cinema 4D”