Stop simulation (like movie "Matrix" effect)

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
konstantin

Stop simulation (like movie "Matrix" effect)

Post by konstantin » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:14 pm

Hello, everyone!
I made water splash simulation. Total 100 frames.
I want to stop (freeze) simulation from 25 to 75 frame. (camera goes through stopped splash)
I need to freeze (stop) mesh.
How can I do it? Help me, please

ChristianZ

Re: Stop simulation (like movie "Matrix" effect)

Post by ChristianZ » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:53 pm

Hi

First complete the simulation and cache/export the files to the disk. Then you have to setup the scene in C4D for loading the animation and for freezing a single stage. This can be done by converting the fluid-mesh at one point in the animation to a polygon object (shortcut key C). At this point the animation does not play anymore, but the mesh of that frame simply stays there and you can move the camera around it as long as you like.
If you use the connect-plugin with files from standalone, then you can set the frames (from...to) so that you can produce a rendered movie with frames that show the continuation of the splash animation and cut those movies together. In case you use the RFC4D-plugin, you can have a copy of the first RF-tree, convert one to a fixed mesh and use the second one for playing a continuation of the animation.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

konstantin

Re: Stop simulation (like movie "Matrix" effect)

Post by konstantin » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:00 pm

Thanks, Christian!
Shortcut "C" solved my problem. It's simple and good way (because I've even tried to connect thinking particles to realflow)
Good luck to you!

Return to “Cinema 4D”