create small bubble splashes on the surface

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
hrbi2807

create small bubble splashes on the surface

Post by hrbi2807 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:14 pm

Hello

Really happy to have found this forum.

I have a big pot where i will have it filled up with fluids.
Below i have a small fire going on, which is acting like boiling the soup/fluids inside the pot.

Now my question, how do i create the effect of small bubble splashes on the surface of the soup?? Hope this makes sense...

Looking forward to your answers

Br Hamid

ChristianZ

Re: create small bubble splashes on the surface

Post by ChristianZ » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:02 pm

Hi!

so, you would like to create a boiling liquid. If you would like to make a realistic simulation it requires 2 different Dyverso domains (or "Fluids" as they are called in the plugin version of RealFlow). With one domain you fill up the pot, the other one you can link to an emitter at the ground of the pot. Then apply different densities to these domains, the bubbles with a smaller density. You can also use 2 different gravity daemons that act on each of the domains in opposite direction. Close to the surface you can place a k_volume daemon so that the rising bubbles are destroyed on the surface.
I will try to make such a setup in RF-C4D this evening, to see if it works as it did in the past with the standalone version of RealFlow.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

hrohibil

Post by hrohibil » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:37 pm

Thank you a million...
I really appreciate it..
if you succeed then Maybe please share scene with me, that way or a tutorial I learn best..

Awesome... Looking forward for your test..

Br The grateful
Hrbi

ChristianZ

Post by ChristianZ » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:16 am

Glad to be able to report that it is possible to do. Here is a movie of the simulation in the viewport from different sides and finally rendered, although without much optimization. Obviously you would increase resolution, add more bubble-emitters, modify the k-daemon that removes the bubble-particles from the surface so that the bubbles get bigger before they burst, and so on.
https://youtu.be/oxDQgnoB9Co
Screenshot:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WA4BA67pkBuyAEXv9
the Cinema4D project for the latest RFC4D and C4D-R20:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyfav3599l7ij ... t.zip?dl=0

2 problems were difficult to fix: first the cup holding the water showed leaking when there was a volume tag, even with high quality settings. Second, there were many crashes of the software as soon as I had introduced the interaction of the 2 fluids. This could be overcome with "automatic" in the simulation settings, reduction of the number of "threads", and using a higher resolution in the steam fluid than in the water fluid. Also, the "initial state" of the water was not loading when I went back to the start of the timeline but I first had to go to the end, then to the start again to make the water initial state appear :roll:
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

Return to “Cinema 4D”