Objects flying up even with gravity

General Discussions about realflow, fluid simulations,...
RFuser123

Objects flying up even with gravity

Postby RFuser123 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:48 pm

I'm building a debris flow model using RealFlow and I've imported my topography, got my flow working, and added a couple objects to intercept the flow with the idea the flow will "carry" the objects. However, the flow carry's it for a second and then FLINGS the object into the air and the object just keeps going up and up. The objects are very heavy at 500+ Kg, I've got air resistance, and even increased gravity a bit (I've played around with it and even if I increase it a lot the object flies just the same).

I'm not sure what other settings I might be able to play with to get my objects to stay within the flow?

ChristianZ

Re: Objects flying up even with gravity

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:55 am

This may be one of the cases where the old legacy particles perform better (the coupling between objects and liquid particles).
I am running at the moment a side-by-side comparison of legacy particles and dyverso PBD liquid with floating objects in like an icecube scenario.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

ChristianZ

Re: Objects flying up even with gravity

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:02 pm

Another idea: increase the "Damping" parameter of the Dyverso or Hybrido Domain setting to a higher value like 10.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

Return to “General Discussion”