C4D foam or bubbles

Discussions about RealFlow | Cinema 4D
voidberg

C4D foam or bubbles

Postby voidberg » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi I have been using RF in C4D and I am pleased with the results. The only thing I am lacking in the simulation is foam. I have read some threads here talking about dyverso? I am not trying to fill a vessel, more like just general splashes as the fluid is bouncing off objects. I have 2 emitters with different densities so far, but Im not sure how to render this out or if Im even on the right track. Is the filter daemon used somehow? Is the vertex map used to make a color in the shader? I saw an example file posted but it has since expired. Does anyone have any exaples of how to achieve this or some tuts? Any help appreciated!

ChristianZ

Re: C4D foam or bubbles

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:34 pm

Hi
I think the expired file was from this tutorial or a similar one by Tsn (simulation in RF standalone, but not rendering). This is the method where you have water and foam with different densities so that the foam particles float up. https://vimeo.com/215176177
RF10 standard + RFC4D

voidberg

Postby voidberg » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:53 am

Hi Christian! Thanks for your reply, actually your original post was one of the examples I was trying to understand so I'm glad you replied. The exple ou posted looks great! Is dyverso part of the C4D plugin? It sounds like you are saying it is in that thread. could you talk a little more on how you got that simulation into c4D? Also how do you render out the foam separately? its all one mesh in my sim, again, I havent had much time to look at the mesh tags it generates yet. Im simply trying to get splashes and foam as the fluid hits objects, like white water on a river.

Thanks again!

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:02 am

Hi Voidberg,

sure, I have put that file with the beer foam based on collision for RFC4D (saved in Cinema4D R18, RFC4D2.6) on the dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9g69t39b5ug2 ... d.zip?dl=0

However, rendering convincing foam is hard, if it should be a close-up and more or less realistic. You can make a mesh of the foam particles, but that appears as a solid mass and needs bubble-shaped displacement and translucency. Or you render the particles directly as tiny white spheres or points. That is the usual way for ocean, spray in rivers etc.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

Return to “RealFlow | Cinema 4D”