Dspline to get a ribbon

Discussions about the use of Realflow
angel_airlines

Re: Dspline to get a ribbon

Postby angel_airlines » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:34 am

Thank you, your comments are helpful.
I’ll give it a go and will let you know how it goes.

Correct me if i’m wrong but the pre-shaped object to be filled shouldn’t be an option because I want the splash to finish colliding with the ground (the idea comes from a chocolate wave effect more than just the splash) but I can imagine that the splash will help me if I use a macro lens to just frame part of the splash.

I have already try vortex to generate a wave as a running through a rotated plane liquid hits the daemon, but it is not looking as I want.
It needs to feel smooth and less chaotic.

Tricky animation this one anyway.

Anyway, thank you for your recommendations

angel_airlines

Postby angel_airlines » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:52 am

Surface tension was the key value for this pro lema tic splash and as I couldn’t get the proper trendils running I finished sculpting the shape... this mean simulating and activating and desactivating daemons along the timeline.

The good is that I go a pretty decent pericles animation to be meshed but the not that good thing is that it can’t be replicated as it is a sculpting solution to get this choco splash running.

Thank you for the approach

angel_airlines

Postby angel_airlines » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:45 pm

I got quiet a good solution for this issue for the DSpline using a Dyverso Spline emitter linked to a DSpline, with quiet high values for the speed of the emitter and the Axial and Radial Strength of the DSpline.
The fluid is not rounded anymore and I'm using a noise daemon to break it a little bit so it releases some drops on along the path.

Much better emitter the Dyverso Spline than any other in terms of controlling the shape of the simulation along a DSpline.

luucasnanni

Postby luucasnanni » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:52 am

Hello everyone! I'm trying to achieve the same for a project I've been developing for a while now. Unfortunately. the waterline.tv is down since Thomas left NextLimit. Could any of you please send me the magazine? I'm desperate.

Thanks.

tsn

Postby tsn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:54 am

Hey luucasnanni,

Just send me your mail adress via PM and I'll send you the magazine.

Cheers,
Thomas

angel_airlines

Postby angel_airlines » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:48 pm

Hi guys,
if you want to see how my project finished looking like here you have the final render.
It was hard work but the result is pretty awesome.

Thank you everyone who helped me along the project answering my posts.

What do you see in Nesquik?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrF1gAqgnCQ

luucasnanni

Postby luucasnanni » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:45 pm

Once again, thank you Thomas! You've been very helpful.

Also, angel_airlines, congratulations on your project. It's AWESOME! Glad you achieved what you wanted and it looks awesome. It will be a reference for sure.

Return to “Realflow”