Help with Foam without Krakatoa?.. no idea what to do

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Autodesk 3dsmax
rich0550a1

Help with Foam without Krakatoa?.. no idea what to do

Postby rich0550a1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:18 pm

I tried Pflowrealflow birth but the files are too large the load times are horrible. How can i integrate foam in to the render. I was hoping could use Vray VDB loader but there is not a compatible loader file. What do do.

ChristianZ

Re: Help with Foam without Krakatoa?.. no idea what to do

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:38 pm

Yeah, Krakato is a great point-renderer for such tasks. I have it for Cinema4D. But I am afraid that it is a declining product as Thinkbox/Amazon has not made advertising anymore for it and they have not yet decided if they will adapt their C4D-R20 plugin....

Regarding the situation in 3Dsmax I don't know. It is unusual that the import of particle files (rpc I assume) takes so much time. In Maya it is not such a problem to load and render granular sims with several hundred thousand particles. It depends on the render engine and hardware, of course, but I was able to render this animation overnight https://vimeo.com/255597387
RF10 standard + RFC4D

rich0550a1

Postby rich0550a1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:00 pm

wow that is nice! can you do a test for me? Try dropping some cubes into the sand and see it if explodes or works. Maybe throw me some settings if you get it to work. when i try it the cubes fly off or drop to the bottom.

you know I am thinking the new liquid solvers in 3dsmax might import the realflow foam going to look at that next...

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:08 pm

Try dropping some cubes into the sand and see it if explodes or works. Maybe throw me some settings if you get it to work. when i try it the cubes fly off or drop to the bottom.

Ok, I will test some conditions and report back.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

Return to “Autodesk 3dsmax”