mix fluids with rf10

Discussions about the use of Realflow in Cinema 4D
dermesut

mix fluids with rf10

Postby dermesut » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:06 pm

hi,

i am new to rf so bare with me, please.

what i am trying to do is to mix two fluids that are seperated in the beginning.
at the bottom there is a non-transparent fluid, at the top a transparent one, both of them standing still. now a mixing device dives into the whole mess, starts to rotate and mixes those fluids together, so that a half-transparent fluid is generated.

how would i do that?

i am using c4d and rf10. (no realflowforc4d-plugin).

thx in advance.

ChristianZ

Re: mix fluids with rf10

Postby ChristianZ » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi Mesut

are you using legacy or dyverso particles? There was a limitation at the beginning of the Dyverso system that inhibited the interaction of two different domains, but that is fixed in RF10. Therefore, you do it very similar to the legacy system, only with two different domains and emitters attached to them, both linked to the hub. Then apply different densities and let the two fluids settle with locked timeline until they are calmly sitting on top and below. Then import the stirrer object, unlock the timeline and go on simulating.
Inside Realflow it does not matter what is transparent or not, you do that on the rendering side inside your 3D program.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

dermesut

Postby dermesut » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:30 pm

hi christian,

thx a lot for your help.
yes, i am trying this with the help of dyverso.
i am obviously not trying hard enough, i guess. following your tips i am still stuck at "until they are calmly sitting on top and below".
there is a whole lot of "jiggling" goning on - i bet there's some switch or so, that lets all those nervous spheres stay calm eventually...

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:52 am

Yes, I see the problem. I have made myself such a setup with two emitter and domains (density 1000 and 2000). At first it seems that the fluids indeed become nicely separated. However, after some time, "chaotic vibrations" seem to take overhand and lead to overflow of the vessel.... strange!
I am using the k-speed daemon to remove energy from the fluids and the domains are in dyverso SPH mode.

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Maybe the k-speed daemon was not such a good idea. I have made some more changes such as removing any friction from the box that holds the two liquids and adding surface tension. Seems to work better now:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3bpdjht4il44 ... o.zip?dl=0

dermesut

Postby dermesut » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:58 pm

yes, seems to work much better. great, thank you.

i wonder, if the trick, that made those to fluids being seperated from each other in the first place, now is the factor, that keeps them seperated throughout the whole process.

any kind of mixing/stirring, be it dynamically by imported stirrer-objects or e.g. the vortex-daemon seem to let those fluids rotate quite nicely but they keep being seperated even more clearly along the way...

since i don't see a little cirlce next to the density-parameter, i beliver there is no way to keyframe the density along the way?
that could have been a way to make those densities same again, thus equalizing the seperation-effect that two different densities produced.

p.s.:
ahh, i realize, i could presim the different densities by locked timeline and then change them back to same again... well that was dumb of me :D

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:40 pm

You cannot change density of emitted particles.
But there is another parameter: the internal and external pressure. If you reduce internal and external pressure both to something like 0.001, then the liquid becomes more closer to a gas and might mix better. The disadvantage is, that the already existing particles will take less room and deflate to a smaller body of particles when you let them rest.

Return to “Cinema 4D”