Its a sad day...

Discussions about the use of IoSim Plugins
IoSim

Its a sad day...

Postby IoSim » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:22 pm

The following information was just sent out in our newsletter:

"Previously we wrote : " We now have the opportunity to offer affiliate linking to our new shop page
It is still boring, but eventually it will bloom and the products come to life. (I said that yesterday, and I'm still confident it will happen)"

However reality has caught up with us. The naked fact of today, is that the sale has almost completely vanished.
So based on this and the fact that IoSim as a business needs to focus on the areas that generate income, I have to let you know that I'm pulling down the shop page this week and will stop selling and updating the commercial available plugins.

It has been some amazing years, working with plugin development since RF 5 and I thank all of my friends and customers for a great time. I've gotten to know some really cool people around the world, including the team at Next Limit.

But its time to say goodbye.

... as always. Feel free to get in touch with questions, comments, requests or just to say hi. We are still here and ready to help."

-Cheers Ole
Ole Lemming
RealFlow plugin developer
IoSim, Creative Thinking Lab
www.iosim.dk

Oldcode

Re: Its a sad day...

Postby Oldcode » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:21 pm

So you're not going to make or sell plugins for Real Flow anymore?
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:21 am

It is sad news indeed :(
And it is a pity that the plugins will not be updated for future versions of RF.
Still, we can be grateful that Ole and others have tried to make and sell plugins for everybody for some years. However, this specific business does not seem to yield enough revenue to be viable for longer time. Better way may be that an artist/developer makes a plugin for him/herself and uses it in-house for customer projects, like Fusion CI Studios is doing it, for example.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

tsn

Postby tsn » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:23 am

Hi Ole,

I'm so sorry to hear that, but from what I'm reading here it's totally understandable. I wish you all the best and success with your new projects.

Cheers,
Thomas

IoSim

Postby IoSim » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:41 am

Oldcode wrote:So you're not going to make or sell plugins for Real Flow anymore?

Yes, that is correct.
If I could I would continue, but its not possible to keep this part of my business alive anymore.

-Cheers Ole
Ole Lemming
www.iosim.dk

IoSim

Postby IoSim » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:44 am

ChristianZ wrote:It is sad news indeed :(
And it is a pity that the plugins will not be updated for future versions of RF.
Still, we can be grateful that Ole and others have tried to make and sell plugins for everybody for some years. However, this specific business does not seem to yield enough revenue to be viable for longer time. Better way may be that an artist/developer makes a plugin for him/herself and uses it in-house for customer projects, like Fusion CI Studios is doing it, for example.

Thanks Christian.
Ole Lemming
www.iosim.dk

IoSim

Postby IoSim » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:44 am

tsn wrote:Hi Ole,

I'm so sorry to hear that, but from what I'm reading here it's totally understandable. I wish you all the best and success with your new projects.

Cheers,
Thomas

Thanks Thomas.
Ole Lemming
www.iosim.dk

mikinik

Postby mikinik » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:34 pm

IoSim, hi! This is really bad news. I suspect that it's the fact that someone cracked the protection your plugin not long ago. It is sad that you so quickly gave up. Maybe it was necessary to change the pricing policy at first?

IoSim

Postby IoSim » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:18 am

mikinik wrote:IoSim, hi! This is really bad news. I suspect that it's the fact that someone cracked the protection your plugin not long ago. It is sad that you so quickly gave up. Maybe it was necessary to change the pricing policy at first?

Well the plugins were cracked years ago. Nothing I could do about it and nothing new about it. But nice of you to let me know.
I wouldn't say I gave up quickly. The sale has been very low for a long time. I've tried to keep the plugins alive by requesting feedback from users and create the tools people need, but aside a few active customers I got very little input.
Developing plugins require a lot of time for coding, testing and doing support, which the income from the plugins is no where near covering.

Change the pricing policy. If people can afford RF, they can probably also afford a plugin. It may sound harsh, but these are specialized tools.
I've however always been open to reducing the price for students and people who use the earning edition.

-Ole
Ole Lemming
www.iosim.dk

Return to “IoSim Plugins”