Mesh clipping

Zickar

Mesh clipping

Postby Zickar » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:39 pm

this is maybe my first post here and this is really my first major project with real flow and I want it to end up well . I'm having trouble with the mesh , its interacting well with the object but the mesh is not sticking to the inside .. I tried clipping the mess and it worked better but it was taking too much to render

ChristianZ

Mesh clipping

Postby ChristianZ » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:29 pm

The mesh does not care about the objects, only particles do. Therefore you have to change the collision distance properties of the particle interactions to keep more distance.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

Zickar

Mesh clipping

Postby Zickar » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:33 am

I was afraid it will come down to that , because my object is an ink bottle with a very thin neck . increasing the collision distance gets you to a point where the liquid is barely flowing . thanks for the help a lot though .

ChristianZ

Mesh clipping

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:51 am

When you work longer with RF, you will see that it is a normal process to test and change the scene setup, dont worry. In this case here, I would change the geometry scale of the bottle in RF or model it differently and reimport as sd file. If there are especially thin parts its useful to increase the emitters resolution.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

Return to “RF5: General topics”