Combining rigid body simulations and keyframing in Real Flow

thegiftmachine

Postby thegiftmachine » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:36 pm

Is there a way to have a dynamic simulation do part of the animation and then keyframe the rest of it? I tried it, and obviously keyframing the data changed the initial transforms and whacked out the rigid body simulation. In Maya you could bake the keyframes and manually animate the end....

bitSeq

Postby bitSeq » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Yes that right bake the curves to keyframes and then do what you like with the rest.

thegiftmachine

Postby thegiftmachine » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:18 pm

It looks like this is only possible with scripting in Real Flow, is that correct?

scubedio

Postby scubedio » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:55 am

Hi....one thing u can try...download the bake_it script from the realflow scripting page...bake ur simulation in realflow...delete the unwanted keyframes in RF and animate tat particular part manually as u like.....this may help u i think....

Here is the script
Rgds
Scubedio

https://vimeo.com/scubedio

thegiftmachine

Postby thegiftmachine » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:34 pm

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks! Can you run the script on cached simulations? I am having a heck of time with my dynamic sims being chaotic, so when i get something close I have to cache it out...

thegiftmachine

Postby thegiftmachine » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:25 pm

I was able to execute the script correctly and get the keyframe data written to the curves. I deleted the unecessary curves points, and can change the position of the points in the curve editor and see the object move, but when I play it back, the movements aren't there. i turned off the simulation on the object to inactive, turned off it's rigid body, etc. but it's still following the original path even though I erased the curve data. Any suggestions?

thegiftmachine

Postby thegiftmachine » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:32 pm

I did switch it from SD to curve as well.....still no effect.

scubedio

Postby scubedio » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:05 am

Hi... i dono wat procedure u followed.....its working fine here.....try these steps...

juz reset ur scene...**no cache...load the script and simulate....it will ask to select the objects u want to key...or u can go on with ur currently selected objects....all the objects which u r selected will get keyed..... after tat open ur curve editor and delete the unwanted keyframes.....may sure after moving ur object(manually animated) right click and select add key for position and rotation.. or press k key to set keyframe....reset the scene...swich off ur rigidbody solver and the script ....its done.....
Rgds
Scubedio

https://vimeo.com/scubedio

Return to “RF5: General topics”