Start/end simulation set key frames

Discussions about RealFlow | Cinema 4D
NiceArty

Start/end simulation set key frames

Post by NiceArty » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:44 pm

Hi there

I can't find a way to start the real flow simulation at a specific frame - the timeline needs to be played from frame 0 to see any simulation. Keyframing the real flow scene, emitter or fluids doesn't do anything either. Surely there's a simple way to start the simulation from any keyframe you like?? Any help on this would be much appreciated

Thanks,

T

ChristianZ

Re: Start/end simulation set key frames

Post by ChristianZ » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:20 pm

Hi

in order to start in the middle you need to cache the simulation first. Only then the program has a starting condition of the fluid to continue. But what is it that you want to achieve with starting in the middle? Usually you can have a sitting amount of particles already in the scene using the initial state or keyframe the speed of an emitter to achieve most scenarios.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

NiceArty

Post by NiceArty » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:05 pm

Thanks Christian

For example, I have an animated character that starts crying but I might want it to start crying 1000 frames in. I guess I could keyframe it so there is no fluid until the 1000th frame, but it doesn't seem to make that much difference - as in the solver is still running and slows things down unnecessarily. Hope that makes sense!

Best,
T

ChristianZ

Post by ChristianZ » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:39 pm

Hi T.

I see, but that is totally a job for keyframing the speed of the emitter. If the particle count is equal to zero, then there should be almost no noticeable delay in the scene. There may be processing speed used for the calculation of solid volumes or collider volumes. If this causes delays, you could try to un-check "enable collision" and "continous collision detection" in the RF collider tag.
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

Return to “RealFlow | Cinema 4D”