Foam in RF for C4d?

Discussions about RealFlow | Cinema 4D
rcmtx

Foam in RF for C4d?

Postby rcmtx » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Hello,

I'm new to C4D and RF for C4D and am trying to figure out how to simulate foam and am failing miserably. Everything I find online about RF and foam uses the full RF program + renderers, which I don't have.

Anyone know how to do this with the plugin vs the full software? Is it even possible? I've been able to use a lot of information from tutorials on the full program with the plugin but this ones seems to be a show stopper and I need to be able to do this for the project I'm working on now. I've gone through all of RF's RFC4D v1 & v2 videos and as many other ones as I've been able to find and I've either missed what needs to be done because I'm so new to the software or I haven't found it yet.

Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

J

ChristianZ

Re: Foam in RF for C4d?

Postby ChristianZ » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:37 pm

Hi

in RFforC4D you have all the tools for creating foam and I think the most flexible method is by the filter daemon. So, make a fluid with emitter for the liquid, another domain without emitter for the foam and a filter daemon that transfers liquid to the foam domain depending on a certain condition such as collision with a container or a certain value of vorticity. Water and fluid domain need to have the same resolution, but you can give the foam domain less density so that it rises to the surface.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

tsn

Postby tsn » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:03 am

Here's an example scene for you to play with (RF|C4D 2.0, R18, GPU disabled - if you have a good GPU activate it to boost the simulation):

http://bit.ly/2xnegYU

Cheers,
Thomas

rcmtx

Postby rcmtx » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Thank you both so much! The written explanation with the file made it so easy to understand and has saved me a lot of headaches. Thanks! :)

To get the foam to visualize separately from the fluid/water, I need to use vertex tags on a single mesher, correct? I found that in an older post and it if I'm understanding everything correctly, that's the best way to approach it.

Thank you!
J

Return to “RealFlow | Cinema 4D”