Imported SD geometry doesnt collide with anything? help!

Discussions about the use of Realflow
justinker

Imported SD geometry doesnt collide with anything? help!

Post by justinker » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:00 am

Hello,

I'm pretty new to RealFLow but I desperately need to simulate water going through a dredged river.
Basically I import a section of the riverbed that I generated in Rhino and brought into realflow and then exported out as an SD file..
I have also triangulated the mesh in maya and reduced it to see if that would work but theres been no difference. I have even tried to bring it in as an alembic file but nothing interacts with it. Please would you be able to enlighten me on the correct way to import, and then to have water particles ( hybrido) interact with it?
It is then in my Realflow space all fine apart from it doesnt seem to interact with anything, I cant make any particles collide or flow down the face of it.

I'm not sure where to look for this information as in every tutorial their geometry seems to work fine so theres not mention on formatting before the import it!

thanks!! <3
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (239.79 KiB) Viewed 211 times

ChristianZ

Re: Imported SD geometry doesnt collide with anything? help!

Post by ChristianZ » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:09 am

Hi
it should work, but you can try the following: change in the node settings the Dynamics from "no" to "passive collider". Also use the "shell" mode for such a thin object and decrease the "cell size" parameter for the object. Regarding the relationship between hybrido and this object, these two nodes should be connected (...of course, but it is not shown in your screenshot).
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

justinker

Re: Imported SD geometry doesnt collide with anything? help!

Post by justinker » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:41 pm

Thankyou for responding!
In the end I think I hadn't connected it properly and I ended up taking it a different direction.

Do you know how to make geometry that is filled with particles react to particles that are being emitted above it? At the moment the particles slide off nicely but I really need it to mix? I would be super grateful for any tips!

Justyna

Return to “Realflow”