Hybrido deals with corners worse than standard particles?

Discussions about the use of Realflow
Bullit

Hybrido deals with corners worse than standard particles?

Postby Bullit » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:51 pm

When filling a recipient with 90º sides the standard particles fill the edges almost perfectly and don't have voids, instead Hybrido at least in my experiments always let the edges near corners and the corners itself without particles for no apparent reason- i am using 0.15 and 0.1 celll size so this are small values, the voids are bigger than that.

Any idea how to fix it?

ChristianZ

Re: Hybrido deals with corners worse than standard particles?

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:36 am

To directly answer your question: Yes, hybrido (and dyverso) are indeed less good at filling small edges than standard particles and the main reason for that is simply the ability of the standard particles to make particle-polygon collisions while hybrido and dyverso replace polygon objects with voxelized versions that are smoothed to some extent.
But even with hybrido you can have plus-minus good edges (still rounded) with well-balanced settings of domain cells and object cell sizes.
This is a cube sized 1x3x3 with cell size 0.01 and a HY-domain with cell size 0.02 and surface particle sampling of 6. If the objects cell size is smaller than the domain cell size, it should be ok.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

Bullit

Re: Hybrido deals with corners worse than standard particles?

Postby Bullit » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Thanks Christian, but that example is not ok for me, but i'll have to try your advice.

Return to “Realflow”