Pre-Simulate at a lower resolution?

Discussions about the use of Realflow
R Collett

Pre-Simulate at a lower resolution?

Postby R Collett » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:59 pm

I'm working on a Hybrido simulation, and I really only need a few seconds of the simulation after the flow has filled my scene. Is there a way to start running a simulation at a larger Cell Size to pre-populate the scene, and then reduce the cell size to get more details for my shot?

Thanks!
Ray

R Collett

Re: Pre-Simulate at a lower resolution?

Postby R Collett » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:43 pm

I've tried just changing the Cell Size of the Hybrido Domain at a certain point in the animation and the whole particle flow just deflates and goes wonky.

I really only need the added Cell Size detail in the part of the simulation immediately in front of the camera. Is there some way to define a volume where the Hybrido simulation runs at a higher resolution in just that area?

ChristianZ

Re: Pre-Simulate at a lower resolution?

Postby ChristianZ » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:47 am

Unfortunately, the resolution of the particles/cells is pretty much fundamental for the calculation of the fluid, so I don't know about effective methods to reduce that part. However, you can exclude additional features of the simulation in not-needed ares: the meshing can be limited to the area that you need and also the generation of secondaries like foam and spray.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

Return to “Realflow”