Pressure solver and instabilities in Hybrido simulations

Discussions about the use of Realflow
diogomgf

Pressure solver and instabilities in Hybrido simulations

Postby diogomgf » Fri May 25, 2018 11:49 pm

Any idea why turning up the pressure solver accuracy on Hybrido, it tends for instabilities?
Very often i get the message that the pressure solver couldn't find the expected results and asks for more iterations...

Usually this happens when I either turn up the accuracy levels on the pressure solver or I use supersampling along with sharp objects...

I find that turning up the accuracy the simulation feels more stable and the results look better, but it tends to blow up...
And I have gone as far as increasing the iterations all the way to 10000, but it doesn't solve the problem...

Forester

Re: Pressure solver and instabilities in Hybrido simulations

Postby Forester » Sat May 26, 2018 2:58 am

I believe (but am not certain) that this has to do with basic nature of the Hybrido solver. That is, its not really designed to take any significant increase in pressure. (Again, (you're going to get tired of this), Dyverso produces better fluid definition.

But anyhow, because I think this has to do with the very nature of the Hybrido solver, it seems like a good question to post on the main Next Limit forum. Usually, you can get an answer to a question like this from the people who developed the solver.
Windows 7 Pro 64 - Realflow 10.1.2.0162 (Nov 2017 patched) Standard Version

diogomgf

Re: Pressure solver and instabilities in Hybrido simulations

Postby diogomgf » Sat May 26, 2018 2:30 pm

Thank you forester ;)

Return to “Realflow”