Fill object trhough DSPLINE... is it possible?

Discussions about the use of Realflow
angel_airlines

Fill object trhough DSPLINE... is it possible?

Postby angel_airlines » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:11 pm

Have have SD geometry filled with a Diverso Fill emitter... is it possible to make this emitter travel trough a Dspline?
Is it is not possible, does anybody know what should be the better approach?

Thanks

ChristianZ

Re: Fill object trhough DSPLINE... is it possible?

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:34 pm

To let an object follow a dspline in RF standalone... I don't think it is possible. What I have done several times: animate the SD geometry by letting objects follow spline paths in my 3D application (Cinema4D) and then export this as animated SD file. Alternatively you can create a spline in a vector drawing program and export it to RF in SVG format, then make the imported spline a Dspline in RF with the new spline functions in RF10.
Or maybe I misunderstood your question.... anyway, Dspline is just a force field.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

angel_airlines

Postby angel_airlines » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:51 am

I am just trying to find the better way to drive a filled objected trough a path... I know I could try using attractors or other forces but I can see it won’t be easy .

Maybe there’s is a way to attach the emitter to a path or any other workaround that helps.

Thank you

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:28 am

Maybe there is a method using scripting?
As I know very well how to do such an animation in my 3D program, I always export the motion to RF for the fluid simulation.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

angel_airlines

Postby angel_airlines » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:20 pm

So you animate, and export as alembic from C4D to RF and exports as SD the first frame geometry as well. Then you use the fill emitter to fill the first frame geometry (SD) and you use the alembic animation for the fill emitter to follow the geometry on the animation.
Is this correct?

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:25 am

Yes, that is the idea. Although I have not done longer animations. It also depends if you animated body should keep the fluid in a perfect way or more like emitting along the way, which may be more interesting after all.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

angel_airlines

Postby angel_airlines » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:42 am

Im looking for a liquid solid body that releases some particles along the way, to create some tendrils.
I think that maybe getting a solid body full of luquid and a outside shell with this shape taht reacts to a Wind daemon...

This is a good example
http://fusioncis.com/wp-content/uploads ... image5.jpg

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:49 pm

If the body of the object should appear completely solid without splashing around inside, you could also just use an object or texture emitter and emit particles from the surface of the object.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

angel_airlines

Postby angel_airlines » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:08 pm

The idea is a solid object (tear shape) that is moving along a spline (circular rotation) and I want it to release some particles on the way (ideally generating some tendrils) but maintaining the shape... The tests I have always get the fluid to generate holes inside the object shape.

If the geometry have solid inside setting, the particles move inside and some holes/gaps are created; If the geometry have a solid ouside setting, particles just take off from the shape and can't maintain the shape.

I don't have a good approach to this.. any help will be apreciated.

Thanks

Return to “Realflow”