Question about a Swirl shape

Discussions about the use of Realflow
angel_airlines

Question about a Swirl shape

Postby angel_airlines » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi guys,
Im struggling to find a way to achive the reference shape that I share via Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yss1oxx0fo8td ... f.png?dl=0

Ive tried a circular emitter (scaling from 0 to 10 and then back to 0 to achive the tera shape profile) that is later affected by a DSpline, but It is not working as I want.

Maybe another way is to create a fluid torrent that travels horizontally with out any other daemon applied than a noise, that is later modified in Maya or C4D to make it looks circular...

Any idea or workaround to find the better way to do this will be very welcome.

Thanks

ChristianZ

Re: Question about a Swirl shape

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:22 am

Hi

the challenge with special shapes is that it often depends on some small changes in the parameters done by trial and error.
Therefore just some general remarks:
1) A flat shape is best created by very narrow emitters, for example a thin square emitter or linear emitter
2) Falloff-settings in the daemons help to shape the forces in the direction you want them to act
RF10 standard + RFC4D

angel_airlines

Re: Question about a Swirl shape

Postby angel_airlines » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:36 am

My first test took me to choose a PDB liquid and play with this factors:

The scale of the emitter is what Im using to shape the fluid over time. So it starts with a value of 0 the grows to 100 in y and 20 in X. This way I shape the tear-like shape.
And the second value I'm finding useful is the internal pressusure of the fluid as it acts a little like a noise daemonand it is pushing some particlers away from the main fluid, tht is waht I need to create som tendrils. This combined with a Sheeter daemon allows the liquid to get an initial shape very similar to what Im looking for.

Here a first screen capture
https://www.dropbox.com/s/egzz9gj4xu0rw ... f.JPG?dl=0

Im not too worried with the small group of particles that are flying far away from the main stream as they will desapear once I start the meshing stage (as these groups of particles are too small).

Im thinking in importing the mesh later in C4D and use a Spline Wrap to make the fluid circular and travel in a circular shape as I think it will be easiera than trying to achieve that part in RF.

Return to “Realflow”