Soda bubbles within Dspline animation. -Filter Daemon

Discussions about the use of Realflow
alexpdennis

Soda bubbles within Dspline animation. -Filter Daemon

Postby alexpdennis » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:44 pm

Hey all!
Pretty new to realflow. My boss is wanting me to gather resources and info on how to simulate Coca Cola. We are trying to animate fluid around a can (Dspline) but we are lacking bubble action! I'm Using the "Cinema 4D | Realflow" at the moment, but I'm open to the Standalone if its necessary. I tried using the filter Daemon but i cant seem to get it to work.. I have a simulation with 1 emitter, a target fluid and a source fluid. I have the filter set to Speed (also tried vorticity) and Greater than or Equal to (.001). Am I headed in the right direction? I tried to accomplish a simulation in the Standalone with Hybrido, but it seems to be waaaay slower than SP or Dyverso. I also was thinking (within C4D) that I could turn a "lower res" duplicate of the og sim into Thinking Particles and just roll from there, but not entirely confident enough in realflow to know weather that would work or not. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

ChristianZ

Re: Soda bubbles within Dspline animation. -Filter Daemon

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi

welcome to this forum. Regarding the filter daemon with Dyverso solvers, I think it is the best choice. The dyverso system is much more accelerated by GPU computing than the hybrido system. The filter daemon can be a little tricky. It could be useful to have a look at the spreadsheet of your emitter. Just go to Layout->Spreadsheet. There you see in which range those parameters are, such as velocity or vorticity etc. Then choose the filter threshold.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

alexpdennis

Re: Soda bubbles within Dspline animation. -Filter Daemon

Postby alexpdennis » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:13 pm

Hey Man!!!
That worked wonderfully! I learned so much from your few sentences!!! You're the greatest. Thanks again x100000

Return to “Realflow”