Dspline to get a ribbon

Discussions about the use of Realflow
angel_airlines

Re: Dspline to get a ribbon

Postby angel_airlines » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:34 am

Thank you, your comments are helpful.
I’ll give it a go and will let you know how it goes.

Correct me if i’m wrong but the pre-shaped object to be filled shouldn’t be an option because I want the splash to finish colliding with the ground (the idea comes from a chocolate wave effect more than just the splash) but I can imagine that the splash will help me if I use a macro lens to just frame part of the splash.

I have already try vortex to generate a wave as a running through a rotated plane liquid hits the daemon, but it is not looking as I want.
It needs to feel smooth and less chaotic.

Tricky animation this one anyway.

Anyway, thank you for your recommendations

angel_airlines

Postby angel_airlines » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:52 am

Surface tension was the key value for this pro lema tic splash and as I couldn’t get the proper trendils running I finished sculpting the shape... this mean simulating and activating and desactivating daemons along the timeline.

The good is that I go a pretty decent pericles animation to be meshed but the not that good thing is that it can’t be replicated as it is a sculpting solution to get this choco splash running.

Thank you for the approach

angel_airlines

Postby angel_airlines » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:45 pm

I got quiet a good solution for this issue for the DSpline using a Dyverso Spline emitter linked to a DSpline, with quiet high values for the speed of the emitter and the Axial and Radial Strength of the DSpline.
The fluid is not rounded anymore and I'm using a noise daemon to break it a little bit so it releases some drops on along the path.

Much better emitter the Dyverso Spline than any other in terms of controlling the shape of the simulation along a DSpline.

Return to “Realflow”