Realflow - Houdini questions?

Discussions about the use of Realflow
Eaton

Realflow - Houdini questions?

Postby Eaton » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Hi!

Does realflow have something similar to Narrow Band in Houdini.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEj2Hw7Vxd8

Something I have been confused about of late. Are network simulations still only for secondary simulations?
Thanks!

ChristianZ

Re: Realflow - Houdini questions?

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi

yes, that is the "bandwidth" parameter and core/splash resolution in the hybrido solver system (exists only in the hybrido system).

Regarding the network methods I don't have experience myself. It is rather about independent regions of the project, not necessarily only secondary elements.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

Eaton

Postby Eaton » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:19 pm

ChristianZ wrote:Hi

yes, that is the "bandwidth" parameter and core/splash resolution in the hybrido solver system (exists only in the hybrido system).

Regarding the network methods I don't have experience myself. It is rather about independent regions of the project, not necessarily only secondary elements.

Hi Christian, thanks for your reply. I cant find the "bandwidth" parameter and core/splash resolution" u mentioned. Can you post a link to where they talk about this in the documentation?

Thanks!

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:10 pm

Yes, I could not find a useful manual page here either, but I can show it on a screenshot:
The hybrido emitter creates particles with a certain density/resolution depending on the sampling rate on the surface of the fluid or in the core. The "bandwidth" parameter is the thickness of this surface layer, anything more inside is considered core. Here on the screenshot both are set to 2, but you could use a much higher value for the surface and see more details in this region of the fluid. I am not a Houdini user, but this sounds similar to their system, I think.
RF10 standard + RFC4D

Eaton

Postby Eaton » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Return to “Realflow”