Different Hubs influencing each other

Discussions about the use of Realflow
Sarford

Different Hubs influencing each other

Postby Sarford » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:22 am

Hey Guys,

Total Realflow noob here. I started a simple project in RF and have been toying with it for a couple of days. I tried several approaches and settled on this one I'm using right now. The idea is to create a jet of liquid going up and then spreading, making a nice circular film (like an umbrella) of which the outer edges drop down with some tendrils and foamy bits.

Like I said, I've done several approaches but in the end I've opted to use two emitters, one for the jet and the film and one emitter for the tendril part. I'm nearly at the result I'm looking for but I ran into this little problem, even though both emitters have their own hub with no connections in between, they still interact with each other. Should it not be that two independent hubs don't influence each other during simulation?

I've added two pictures which shows the problem. When I have both emitters active, the jet of Dy_Domain02 gets deformed by the Splashes domain. When I switch the Splashes domain to cache, Dy_Domain02 gets simulated properly. Notice that there is no connection between the two hubs.
[img]http:www.blinq.net/pictures/Realflow_001.JPG[/img]
[img]http:www.blinq.net/pictures/Realflow_002.JPG[/img]

tsn

Re: Different Hubs influencing each other

Postby tsn » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:13 am

You're totally right: independet hubs shouldn't interact each other. That's the main purpose. I can't think of a reason for this behaviour right now and had to dig deeper, but there's one thing you might want to check:

There's an icon bar in the releationship editor. Just click on the the 5th icon from the right - "Show implict links" - to see if there are any hidden connections. I don't think so, but it's worth trying.

Sarford

Postby Sarford » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:56 pm

Hi tsn,

Thanks for the reply. I've checked the implicit links, and there are none between the two hubs. Looks like a bug.
I do have some other odd behavior every now and then, like sometimes when I use a sheeter deamon or a limbo deamon and later disconnect the line to the hub. Normally it shouldn't have any influence anymore, but sometimes it still does and only deleting the deamon will stop its influence. Oh well, no software without bugs :)

tsn

Postby tsn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:09 am

Is it perhaps possible to get the file from the screenhots? I'd like to take a look at it and, if I can confirm this odd behaviour, share it with our developers. If it's really a bug then it's definitely something that should be fixed. You can also send me a private message with a download link.

I think the ongoing influence of the sheeter is a known bug already, but I'm not 100%. The limbo thing is new to me and we'll test it. Thanks for me pointing me to these issues!

Urasnut

Postby Urasnut » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:07 am

It's not like I imagined it. I wonder if you can explain it more?

Return to “Realflow”