How to add Bubbles & Foam in Standard Particle

Discussions about the use of Realflow
jyh126

How to add Bubbles & Foam in Standard Particle

Postby jyh126 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:43 am

Hi everybody,
I'm in trouble so can you help me? :-I

I'm making water fluid in washing machine
The image below is what I creating fluids, but it's not looks like real water. (of course, I didn't set a light and rendering option yet)

So I want to make some bubbles and foam, but I can't add them because my emitter is standard not Hybrido.
Next limit's document recommend to change particles from 'circle emitter' to 'container' when they on collision by using filter daemon.
(http://support.nextlimit.com/display/rf ... cle+Fluids)

But there is problem. When I use this solution, my all particles become foam(changed particles to container).
And 'Keep Source Particles' option in Filter Daemon is too slow.

Can I get foam particles when they on collision only with three bumps?
or Can I use Hybrido system with this imported washer object?

Please, Help me..
Thanks in advance!

tsn

Re: How to add Bubbles & Foam in Standard Particle

Postby tsn » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:34 am

Yes, the help document recommends the "on collision" method, but that's meant for the tutorials specific scene setup only. In a washing machine, all particles will collide with the laundry drum over time and this means that all particles will become foam. So just use one of the other attirbutes, e.g. velocity or vorticity, to filter the particles. Then your setup will be working.

And you're not restricted to standard particles. You can also use the much faster Dyverso-SPH or PBD solver instead. The workflow/setup to get foam is exactly the same.

jyh126

Postby jyh126 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:16 am

Hi tsn!
Thanks for your reply and tips!

I tried with Dyverso particle, but it doesn't interact with imported object.

Is that my RF's problem?

or couldn't you interact with imported object in Dyverso particle too?

Thanks you!! :lol:

tsn

Postby tsn » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:35 am

Of course RF works with imported objects, but you have to check collision geometry and refine it using cell size and surface offset. It's a process very similar to meshing. With Dyverso-SPH, default substeps (min/max = 1/300) are normally high enough to avoid leaking particles. With PBD you have to increase them most probably. In a scene like yours I'd start with something like min/max = 8/12 and increase substeps more if necessary.

Standard particle interaction works with a geometry-based approach, while Dyverso uses fields. That's a fundamental difference. On the first look the geometry approach appears to be easier to control and, yes, that might be, but it's way slower. And with a little practice and routine you'll be able to find working settings within a few moments.

Return to “Realflow”