Soft Body falling in whipped cream

Discussions about the use of Realflow
matissb

Soft Body falling in whipped cream

Postby matissb » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi Everyone,
I'm working on a simulation and have some questions about soft body/liquid interaction.

In my simulation a soft body (half of a donut) falls into shot. After that a high viscosity whipped cream is pressed onto the donut - untill this point everything works fine. After that, the other half of the donut (also soft body) falls on the whipped cream.

Soft body interaction works fine - the donut starts bending when touching the whipped cream, however, whipped cream doesn't "squeeze out" - instead, it starts losing particles at the point where the falling top touches it.

Here are some screenshots from my scene: https://imgur.com/a/A9WtW
Anyone has some ideas how to make the falling top part interact with the whipped cream and retain the number of particles, instead of disappearing on contact?

Thanks, Matiss

tsn

Re: Soft Body falling in whipped cream

Postby tsn » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:39 am

Hi Matiss,

I see a k Speed daemon in your scene and it's connected to the emitter. I can only guess, but maybe the reason is that the particles are being accelerated when they're hit by the second donut? When the particles' velocities exceed the k Speed daemon's "Max speed" they'll be removed. If you want to limit their speed without losing them then activate the "Limit & Keep" option. Otherwise you can also disable the daemon.

It could also be a stability problem and in this case you should increase minimum and maximum substeps in the simulation options: http://bit.ly/2nbT9rZ

matissb

Re: Soft Body falling in whipped cream

Postby matissb » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:43 am

Yes, thank you so much, a tick in "Limit & Keep" of the k_Speed makes all the difference, everything seems to be working perfect right now!
Thanks, Matiss

Return to “Realflow”