Melting an Animated fill object

Discussions about the use of Realflow
matissb

Melting an Animated fill object

Postby matissb » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:46 pm

Hello,

I'm working on a scene of a melting face in RealFlow 2015.
I'm following the melt tutorial from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCgm3Huo64c

I managed to get a pretty good simulation of the melting, however, my idea initially was to use an animated face as the fill object - this method seems to only work with a static object. Anyone has some ideas how to do that?

ChristianZ

Re: Melting an Animated fill object

Postby ChristianZ » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi

I think it is possible to work with animated liquids and a melting effect, however not by using the fill object emitter but instead using an animated container object with deformation. For example by recording an animated head in your 3D software, then export the animated mesh as SD-file and fill in particles by any standard emitter in RF and save as initial state, then start the simulation with the script.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Oldcode

Postby Oldcode » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:39 am

You actually may be able to use the Fill Emitter, there's just a extra step you need to take.

You have to import the object twice. Once as a still object that you use with the Fill Emitter to generate the particles, then again as the animated object via the SD file.

Use the relationship editor so the particles ignore the still object, and are reactive only to the animated SD file while using the Solid Outside setting.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck, :D
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

matissb

Postby matissb » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys!
I managed to simulate the animation by filling it as a container as recomended. Will try out the other option as well.

Thanks, Matiss

Return to “Realflow”