Whole fluid domain is affected by second sim.

Discussions about the use of Realflow
ranqiz

Whole fluid domain is affected by second sim.

Postby ranqiz » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:35 am

Hi,

As in topic. I'm fighting with boiling water effect. It looks good, but why when "boiling" simulation mix with "water" simulation, "water" simulation act more like jelly or something (jumping), and not like water? Please take a look at simulation video below, and You will know what I mean.

Video- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rwqZ5 ... kKy8I-Cw3P

Water domain settings:

Resolution 5
Density 999
Int. pressure 1
Ext. pressure 0.1
Surface tension 4
Tensile strenght 0.1
Vorticity boost 1
Damping 1

Boiling domain:

Resolution 5
Density 6000
Int. pressure 1
Ext. pressure 0.1
Surface tension 300
Tensile strenght 0.1
Vorticity boost 1
Damping 1

Dyverso particles. Only gravity deamons, and kill volume.

Please help, I really need to get this right.

Regards,
Kamil.

Forester

Re: Whole fluid domain is affected by second sim.

Postby Forester » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:48 am

OK, a bunch of questions for you.

#1 - What does "boiling" represent? Is it hot water? Is it supposed to be air bubbles?

#2 - Why have you selected those unique Tensile Strength settings for the water and for the "boil?"

#3 - Could you show us the components in the Relationship Editor with a screen grab, please?

#4 - Could you give us the size settings for the "boil" emitter, and its speed setting?

I tried to recreate your scene, more or less, using two daemons for water and for boil. I used one Gravity Daemon of normal strength for the water, and a second for the "boil" that has less strength. (These Gravity Daemons have exclusive links only to their respective domains, and do not apply to the Hub.) I added a Noise Daemon to the water to cause it to bounce around a lot. You could make the amount of bouncing around adjustable in this way. Also, for my container, I increased the "bounce" setting in the Object Interaction Panel. I used the default values for Surface Tension, Tensile Strength and did not apply any damping. These simple settings and daemons seem to give reasonable results, but I'm not entirely sure about your objectives.

I'm guessing that you are trying to display air bubbles forming in boiling water as the water heats up, but this is a total guess.Question #5 - Could you please describe the objectives for the simulation (and maybe explain what does not look right in your existing simulation)?????
Windows 7 Pro 64 - Realflow 10.1.2.0162 (Nov 2017 patched) Standard Version

ranqiz

Postby ranqiz » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:13 am

Hi Forester,

Thank You for reply.

#1 - What does "boiling" represent? Is it hot water? Is it supposed to be air bubbles?
Exactly, it supposed to be air bubbles.

#2 - Why have you selected those unique Tensile Strength settings for the water and for the "boil?"
I don't touch this setting, that was by default. RF 10.

#3 - Could you show us the components in the Relationship Editor with a screen grab, please?
Here's the screen grab:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1B69UN ... gWYAS5kRwZ

#4 - Could you give us the size settings for the "boil" emitter, and its speed setting?
Off course, here's the screen grab:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FvWqc ... odByzrF5ej

And off course Dyverso.

I hope this will help to investigate.

Regards,
Kamil.

ranqiz

Postby ranqiz » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Can anyone help? I'm using PBD fuids with Dyverso. That wobbling of the fluid is unacceptable. This need to be still.
I have tested it with SPH in Dyverso and this acts differently. It goes only about the wobbling of the main fluid.

Thanks,
Kamil.

Forester

Postby Forester » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:29 am

My apologies to you, Kamil. I am having computer hardware problems at the moment, and not able to help until I finish repairs.
Windows 7 Pro 64 - Realflow 10.1.2.0162 (Nov 2017 patched) Standard Version

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:19 am

It helps a lot to introduce a drag daemon and to have internal and external pressure=1 in the water domain. Then let the water settle until it is completely calm before starting the bubbles. Also increase the damping parameter in the water domain to something like 10.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

ranqiz

Postby ranqiz » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:59 pm

Forester - No problem, apologize for rushing, It wasn't intended. I'm glad You already helped.

ChristianZ- Hello. I already have better results, but to be honest... I haven't change anything... Just build whole scene from scratch using meshes from RF. But the bounc still occurs, when those two domains interacts. So when bubbles hit the water container. Testing further, and I will send openGl render to investigate further.

Return to “Realflow”