Modeling earthquake within solid strata in realflow

Discussions about the use of Realflow
tompouce4

Modeling earthquake within solid strata in realflow

Postby tompouce4 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:31 am

Hi Realflow community,

Right of the back, I need to state that I'm a newbie to Realflow. I have set out to simulate an earthquake in realflow. I haven't found much information on this particular topic. It seems that I am not making my life easy by setting this as my first task but I'm hopefully it can work.

I have started by creating two cubes that I am trying to set the parameters to represent two different rock types within a 3rd cube, which is the bounding box to the experiment. Then I have thought of using a collision deamon and a sphere emitter right in the middle of the two Cubes. It isn't successful for the moment.

Could anybody that has more knowledge of the software indicate me if I am going in the right direction or should I try a different way?

Awaiting your responses,
Tom

virtual_francky

Re: Modeling earthquake within solid strata in realflow

Postby virtual_francky » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi Tom, I would suggest you to have a look at this tutorial : https://cmivfx.com/realflow-destruction ... s-1-vol-02

It's not earthquake specific, but you have a bridge destruction wich looks like a destruction done by an earthquake.

Franck

ChristianZ

Re: Modeling earthquake within solid strata in realflow

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:56 pm

The fracturing functions in RealFlow is a feature that I have almost never used so far... not because it would not work, but simply because I have already similar functionality in my larger 3D software packages (Cinema4D and Maya). So, the advantage of realflow in this case is the integration with fluids... maybe lava in your case?
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Return to “Realflow”