Vortex daemon

Discussions about the use of Realflow
jyh126

Vortex daemon

Postby jyh126 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi,

I have a question about vortex daemon!

I want to make a vortex scene like photo below.

https://www.google.co.kr/search?q=vorte ... jpasOPJSPM:

But when I use a vortex daemon, particles were lifting upside.

Is there a way to use vertex daemon without lifting?

Or do you know any tips for me?

thanks so much!!

Oldcode

Re: Vortex daemon

Postby Oldcode » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:09 pm

Can you post a picture of what its doing and maybe you're node settings? It will be easier to help that way.
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

jyh126

Postby jyh126 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:21 am

Oldcode wrote:Can you post a picture of what its doing and maybe you're node settings? It will be easier to help that way.

I can't upload my screenshot cause of quota.

I posted just 3 text but I can't upload a picture anymore...

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:56 am

Yes, for most people the quota for image attachments is already full. Instead use a free upload service like this one and then paste the link here.
http://tinypic.com
or dropbox or similar
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Forester

Postby Forester » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:21 am

The most simple way to do this is create a circle emitter (perhaps the Dyverso solver), invert it so that it is emitting particles in an upward direction and animate it, changing its position so that it drops down over time, and so that it starts out at a large scale, but becomes much smaller in radius as it drops down.

For example, start by creating a circle emitter whose scale = 2.0. Rotate it so that it is pointing upward, and position it at a height of 10 above the scene plane. (Y = 10). This will be the top of your vortex. Add A Key to this Position for Time Step 0, and also Add A Key to the Scale setting.

Now, move the Time Slider just a little way, out to Time Step 8. Change the three Scale Values to be X=0.5, Y=0.5 and Z=0.5. Don't add any Key to Position, because you only need to add a key to the final time step for Position.

Now, move the Time Slider out to Time Step 100. Change the Scale of the emitter to 0.25 for all three values. (That is, X = 0.25, Y = 0.25 and Z = 0.25).

Also, at Time Step 100, change the Position of the emitter to be Y= 0.0. (That is, you have moved the circle emitter from a height of 10 meters at time step 1, down to a height of 0 at time step 100.)

You will have created a simple drop down in the position of the circle emitter over 100 time steps, and you will have created a "curve" that sharply reduces the radius of the emitter over 100 steps.

Now, add the Vortex Daemon to the Scene, and add a check mark to the Dyverso Domain Particle Channels Vorticity setting.

Now, run the simulation. You should be seeing that the circle emits particles in a wide circle at the top, but narrows the body of the vortex as it drops down. Over time, the particles also move into a full vortex.

Change the Scale settings over time to get just the shape of the vortex body that you wish. (Perhaps you wish to make the circle emitter have a much larger radius at the beginning. Perhaps you want to make the narrow neck be a little thicker and very narrow only at the bottom of the vortex.) When you have the general shape of the vortex as you want it, increase the Resolution of the Dyverso Domain to generate a much more dense vortex cloud, and then add materials or mesh or what ever for your final render.

You can experiment with the settings of the Vortex Daemon to get different kinds of effects, or just leave them at their default settings.

You can add a Gravity Daemon, but reduce the value of its strength to create a flatter top and a shorter trunk in the body of the vortex. (Perhaps a value of 4.0 for Gravity Strength.) But if you add a Gravity Daemon, you will also need to animate it to reduce its strength to 0.0 over the full length of the simulation. If you don't reduce the effect of the Gravity Daemon over time, the top of your vortex will slump before 100 time steps are complete.

Please add a note here if you experience any problems with this technique, or if you need some additional illustrations of the settings and steps . :)

jyh126

Postby jyh126 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:52 pm

wow..... It's amazing answer.

Thanks so much.

Your explanation is very helpful to me.

I can understand big picture!!

Thank you! :) :) :)

Return to “Realflow”