More than one animated passive RBody not working

Discussions about the use of Realflow
Inchiology

More than one animated passive RBody not working

Postby Inchiology » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:24 pm

When I have one animated Passivebody in my scene interacting with a softbody, RF simulates just fine but as soon as I have more that one animated passive RBody interacting with the softbody, it breaks. What happens is that is that one of the RBodies will interact with my softbody and the other not... or they both stop working.

Any help appreciated. It is affecting my ability to meet my deadline.

Thanks

ChristianZ

Re: More than one animated passive RBody not working

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:01 pm

Hi

do you use only internal objects inside RF as part of the simulation, or imported objects coming as SD-file, or a mixture of both?
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Inchiology

Postby Inchiology » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:59 am

ChristianZ wrote:Hi

do you use only internal objects inside RF as part of the simulation, or imported objects coming as SD-file, or a mixture of both?

Thanks for the response. I use a mixture of both. I have an SD file plus realflow objects.
When troubleshooting, I created a scene just using realflow objects and experienced the same thing.

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:37 pm

Maybe you found a bug, but that does not help you much unfortunately.
I made a simple test-setup in RF10.1 with 2 animated passive rigid bodies as pushers (animated in cinema4d, then exported as one SD-file), a bunny soft body and additional passive rigid ones in the form of the spheres and the table below everything. And then this happened:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tltlbgoi0qnc ... e.mov?dl=0
I don't think the number of rigid bodies matter here, but rather the collision testing that the software is doing and/or an inactivation of the soft body.

Inchiology

Postby Inchiology » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:39 pm

ChristianZ wrote:Maybe you found a bug, but that does not help you much unfortunately.
I made a simple test-setup in RF10.1 with 2 animated passive rigid bodies as pushers (animated in cinema4d, then exported as one SD-file), a bunny soft body and additional passive rigid ones in the form of the spheres and the table below everything. And then this happened:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tltlbgoi0qnc ... e.mov?dl=0
I don't think the number of rigid bodies matter here, but rather the collision testing that the software is doing and/or an inactivation of the soft body.
That is one hell of a bug to have. How would something that major be overlooked? Thanks for testing out as well.

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:08 pm

I have sent my project file and the movie to Nextlimit. We will see, if the find an error in the setup or a bug. Not sure if we see the same problem though. In my case it seems like the dynamics got inactivated after some time, but this does not necessarily mean that it depends on the number of objects or if there is a soft body or not.

Return to “Realflow”