Creating cache nodes from main RPC sim.

Discussions about the use of Realflow
remedyx

Creating cache nodes from main RPC sim.

Postby remedyx » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi guys,

Need some help here. I´ve made a hybrido sim with just the Particle Cache (.rpc) export selected, and now I just found out that to be able to simulate the secondaries, foam and splashes, I needed to have the fields cache simulated as well (.VDB or .f3d), which aren't checked in the Export Central.

Is there any way for me to create those missing caches from the main .RPC cache? I have the .BIN and .PRT too, any help? Or do I really need to re-simulate everything again? The problem is that I already rendered the domain´s water mesh, that took a few days... :(

But I have the initial state saved. If I re-sim the domain again, using the same initial state, will it be 100% the same as the first sim?

Thanks in advance!

R.:

remedyx

Re: Creating cache nodes from main RPC sim.

Postby remedyx » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:27 pm

Since I had urgency on finish the project, and no answer came up, I had to re-sim all over again. Lucky I was for saving an initial state of the water already settled down.

I just like a confirmation.. Is this correct, if I don't have the fields cache (.VDB or .f3d) I can't simulate any secondary?

Thanks!

ChristianZ

Re: Creating cache nodes from main RPC sim.

Postby ChristianZ » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:56 pm

It seems so. I had not answer to your question.
Unfortunately, we all have to re-sim things often because of decisions. Maybe better to run first everything at low resolution, if possible.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Return to “Realflow”