Fill object with animated cross section texture.

Discussions about the use of Realflow
ranqiz

Fill object with animated cross section texture.

Postby ranqiz » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi,

I have an animated texture from object cross-section. BW image sequence. A rabbit statue, from bottom to top.

I have in RF everything imported. Cross section plane animation (to paren dyverso texture emitter). Etc.
I don't know, how to synchronize particles with animation, to have object filled when animation is end (bw mask image sequence).

To help Me better in attachments link to whole project file. It don't need to be exactly the same, but close enough, and need to fill completely, not half of the object etc.

There are some problems (I think so) with texture emitter scale (I scale it up the same as emitter plane to generate cross section texture).

Project files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxDlp ... nJLcHZINFE

ABC folder contains ABC files of Rabbit statue, and ABC secquence of cross-section plane animation.
Blends folder contains blend project files, and cross-section image sequence (in cache_dynamicpaint folder)
RF folder contains RealFlow project.

Hope someone can help Me with this one.

Regards,
Kamil.

ChristianZ

Re: Fill object with animated cross section texture.

Postby ChristianZ » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi

if I understand you correctly, you just want to see the rabbit filled without any splashes and turbulence? In this case you could think about a reverse animation: fill the rabbit with a fill object emitter, animate a box-shaped k_volume daemon from top to floor with the invers option on and later reverse the rendered animation in a video editing program.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

ranqiz

Postby ranqiz » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi,

No. I like turbulence, and splashes. I already fix all the problems, but need to work on stability.

Any advices?

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Ok, I see. The tricky thing is the synchronization as you mentioned. In principle, the plane should advance in fine steps and deposit always the amount of particles that corresponds to one layer of the rabbit figure. However now, the plane advances more rapidly while the fluid collapses and the bitmap emitter just acts like any other shape of emitter filling up the rabbit. Maybe you would need to provide more cross-section images for more steps, thereby stretching the filling process so that it becomes slow-motion ? Increasing the emitter speed is not a solution because additional particles are created in a distance to the plane.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Return to “Realflow”