Secondaries from Dyverso

Discussions about the use of Realflow
Andrzej

Secondaries from Dyverso

Postby Andrzej » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:08 pm

Hey Guys,

I am trying to get the bubbles form Dyverso but there is some issue with my Hybrido domain.
It's looks like HY particles are not exactly align to the mesh at the start of simulation and they reading the mesh fine at the end :?

I am using graph to get DY particles and then set them in to HY Domain, evaluated finally. Do I missing something here?

Thanks,
and

Andrzej

Re: Secondaries from Dyverso

Postby Andrzej » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:29 am

Hey there it's looks like it's quiet over here :)

I found out the solution to transform DY it to HY using Luis graph so it's working fine when I am loading DY particles in to the graph.
Now I am trying get the bubbles of it .

Does my HY cell size have to be same as my object cell size to get the bubbles perfectly align to the object?
I am wondering if for instance my obj cell is 0.04 this is quite low number for HY, isn't? Will that affect speed of sim?

Thanks
and

Andrzej

Postby Andrzej » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:14 pm

When I change HY cell size to the 0.04 RF keep crashing at some point but when I changed it back to the default 0.3 it's calculating fine.
I cant figured out how to get bubbles sec_ align to the main particles and object which they colliding with ...
Any thoughts??

and

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:50 am

Hi

finally I found some time to replicate this trick from Luis Miguel and it looks like a very useful option to get foam into a Dyverso simulation. As always, the methods have to be adapted to the simulation that you want to create... so, the Hybrido secondaries have certain properties that make them useful for some projects, but not for every type of simulation. It may be useful to have this type of foam produced in a waterfall or slightly larger simulation, while small scale sims and close-up shots require Dyverso or standard particles that have a more precise collision detection, while the Hybrido foam may actually cross the boundaries of objects. That is also the reason why you want to limit the lifetime of this type of foam and bubbles to a short timeframe.
Following the video tutorial I made this sim: https://youtu.be/kfzc-Dt3vsA
and a screenshot of the graph
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

Andrzej

Postby Andrzej » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:19 pm

Yes you are right ChristianZ, my shot is small scale one and everything is working fine till I am creating bubbles from HY particles which have been converted from DY solver.
The shot I am working on is a simple water pouring from the top to the bottom of the glass and it's a small scale one but the secondaries are offset a bit
to the HY particles, even with small lifetime they are still intersecting the glass which is my big concern atm.
Working wit the graph you posted the DY emitter position wasn't in the same for after translate DY to the HY so I was using graph which Luis posted there:

https://luismma.wordpress.com/2015/11/1 ... m-dyverso/

I am just wondering how he was able to get the bubbles perfectly aligned to the HY particles???

Thanks

and

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:29 pm

I don't think I need the fix in LuisM blog, because that was for an earlier RF version and it is fixed now in RF10.1 Are you using RF2015?

A problem in alignment may have different causes such as different resolutions. In my test I have used a Dyverso domain in the "Liquid PBD" mode at a resolution of 100 and an open hybrido domain with cell size 0.1 The sphere object and box are both 0.1 cell size.

After all, I am not a big fan of this method to create foam. For small scale simulation I rather prefer the filter daemon, because that gives me dyverso foam particles inside the same fluid, only with different properties such as density. In this way, the new particles nicely flow with it and stay within the glass or whatever container. And the calculation is even faster, because the hybrido system is slower than dyverso. Test with this method https://youtu.be/54di2I9iODc

Andrzej

Postby Andrzej » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:33 pm

Hey ChristianZ:)

I was thinking about the workflow you have just described. The only thing I am concern about is condition. Would you be able to light me up on what condition you activated secondaries? I tried that with my scene with collision condition and I wasn't happy with result but yes this way I possible will be able to create bubbles much more easily.

Thanks

and

Andrzej

Postby Andrzej » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:40 pm

Also yes I am on RF 10.1 and still when using graph with get/set particle/evaluate the HY emitter particles are offset in Z vector a little bit at the beginning of my simulation and it's seems like it's gaining DY particles position over the time which is very strange imo.

Andrzej

Postby Andrzej » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:54 pm

Yes the vorticity condition seems to get me somewhere hahah

ChristianZ

Postby ChristianZ » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:07 am

Yes, vorticity seems like a good option for the filter daemon. Additionally, the qualities of the filtered particles can be animated over time.... endless possibilities to optimize the sim :)

Return to “Realflow”