Convert .rpc files to .bin files

Discussions about the use of Realflow
cgartashish

Convert .rpc files to .bin files

Postby cgartashish » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi,

I have a sequence of .rpc files, is there a way to convert them to .bin files? Re simulating will take very long.

I need the .bin files for use in maya, so if I can import .rpc somehow, even that will do. but I dont have RFRK.

Please Help.

Thanks

ChristianZ

Re: Convert .rpc files to .bin files

Postby ChristianZ » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi

for importing particles into Maya you need the connectivity plugin (it reads both bin or rpc). The RFRK was a different set of plugins for creating meshes at render time with MentalRay. Meshes have more options for importing to Maya (obj, alembic) without plugin.
RF10 standard, System specs: OSX 10.11, MacPro 4.1 2xXeon, GTX980Ti, 64 GB RAM

L_Square

Re: Convert .rpc files to .bin files

Postby L_Square » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:39 am

Hi, having the same problem I was wondering for a solution.
I found that I can import Dyverso Particles (even of granular type) with the help of the Maya connection plugin.
In the Realflow shelf tab there is an icon ( the second from the right) wich label is "create a particle system wich uses a realFlow emitter".
You have to clic on that icon and in the "load sequence" dialog window choose .rpc in the last bottom option "file of type".
Than navigate up to the folder of the RealFlow project where are stored the rpc files (in the particle subfolder) and select the first file of the sequence.
You should have now in maya an emitter and a particle object with the RealFlow simulation.

Return to “Realflow”