Particles won't stay still, any advice?

Discussions about the use of Realflow
3d_noobie

Particles won't stay still, any advice?

Post by 3d_noobie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:53 pm

I wonder if anybody can help me please. I'm trying to get a liquid flow, rather like water from a bottle. I've created the path and emitter that but the problem is that as the animation progresses the particles move further away from the path and I don't know how to stop that. What I'm trying to achieve is the particles follow a path but stay where they were emitted from (like there's a wall preventing them from going any further).

Is this something that I can do and how do I do it?

Thanks for helping with this.

Oldcode

Re: Particles won't stay still, any advice?

Post by Oldcode » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:40 pm

Can you post some pictures of what you are trying to do? That would be a big help.
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

3d_noobie

Post by 3d_noobie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:55 pm

This is what I'm trying to do, but I can't get close. http://www.maxwellrender.com/index.php/ ... s/12/1/333

The particles not stay where they were emitted from. I only want to use it as a static image but just can't get it right

I've also attached a shot of what I get, as you can see the 'early' particles have moved a lot and just loo stringy now
Attachments
flow.jpg
flow.jpg (244.7 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

fkfx

Post by fkfx » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:41 pm

You might achieve the desired result by scripting a Deamon. Use the good old age divided by lifespan method and diminish velocity as soon as the particles are above a certain threshold. You could also experiment with animating Drag to a very high value over time, as this will also suck momentum out of the particles.

3d_noobie

Post by 3d_noobie » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:43 pm

Thanks, that sound exactly like what I want to do, but I'm extremely new to this so don't know how to write a script Deamon

elflavio

Post by elflavio » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:36 am

have you tried with a DSpline daemon? Maybe could be a good way to get something like that.

Return to “Realflow”