Change Color

Discussions about the use of Realflow
Namako

Change Color

Post by Namako » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:13 am

Hello,
is it possible to change the color of liquids over the age of the particles? Something like this situation: red liquid runs through a pipe an in the end of it it`s turn into a blue color

Best regards
Namako

ChristianZ

Re: Change Color

Post by ChristianZ » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:51 am

Hi

yes, this is possible. The technical details depend on the rendering software used. Are you importing particles using the "connectivity plugin" into another software? What do you use for rendering?
RF10.5 standard + RFC4D3, Mac&Windows

Namako

Post by Namako » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:54 am

Thank you for reply

I`m using Realflow with C4D and Octane.

ChristianZ

Post by ChristianZ » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:59 pm

Houston we have a problem :( This WAS rather easy for me when I still was using the RealFlow rendering kit with Cinema4D, but unfortunately, this plugin is no longer made...(It is still working here in earlier versions of cinema4D, but that is not an option for you).

Last year I was still able to render particle properties using V-ray for Maya ( https://vimeo.com/255597387 ), but in the meantime the maintenance for that license was running out since you can have V-ray only for rent anymore.

There may be more options if you would use the version of RealFlow that is integrated into C4D, but I have not looked into particle rendering there yet.

This may also be some of those features that the plugin X-particles from Insydium is doing much better in C4D since it very nicely integrated in the software.

ChristianZ

Post by ChristianZ » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:34 pm

However, if you like to use a mesh that has an age gradient, then I can report that the old trick using "magnitudes" and a vertexmap in Cinema4D after importing with the classic connectivity plugin still works.

Shown here is a mesh made in RF10.5 standalone with the particle mesh option, export as md-files, imported in C4DR20 and rendered with the built-in standard renderer.

Return to “Realflow”