WIP - Floyd Bishop/Bishop Animation

Post here to join the contest
FloydBishop

Postby FloydBishop » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:40 am

I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to see this through, but I'll give it a shot. I'm anxious to see what everyone comes up with!

FloydBishop

Postby FloydBishop » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:54 am

OK, I was really busy all summer so far with all kinds of stuff. I checked in tonight to see who won the contest, and saw that the deadline was extended.

I'm going to give it a go and try to have a finished piece before the deadline. This thread is going to grow like crazy this weekend.

Keep watching this space.

FloydBishop

Postby FloydBishop » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:44 am

OK. Here's our hero, Bosko.

Bosko drinks WAY too much water and needs to relieve himself. Mayhem ensues.

katisss

Postby katisss » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:20 am

How was siggraph surfing day? :)
http://www.lo-motion.de

FloydBishop

Postby FloydBishop » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:31 am

Only two people showed up besides me, and the surf wasn't very good. We were out for about half an hour and then went to Pipes for breakfast.

FloydBishop

Postby FloydBishop » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:00 pm

OK, here is a work in progress of the dog in action. This is the first bit from the piece.

Pee Test

I'm not sure how to get rid of the chatter bit after the fluid lands on the floor. It's most noticeable around the right side by the small little piece.

Any ideas?

I'm animating this today and I'll post some more WIP soon.

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:27 pm

lol :)

I dunno, peeing dogs make me laugh :ninja:

MightyG

Postby MightyG » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:51 pm

i think the shots after the pee has been "peed" looks really good. My input would be that the surface tension looks a bit high. This is where the thread is going to get wierd----

When i pee on walls (at parties) i can definately tell where ive peed so id suggest a wetmap for the object texture. also- your camera angle and scale seem to demand a much for higher res. This is just a critique if you are going for a believable sim. considering your character you wouldnt need to go through all this.

Oh, and beads. Pee beads just like water when it splashes. Beading in the air i mean not on the ground.
make today be the tomorrow you've been dreaming of

FloydBishop

Postby FloydBishop » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:06 pm

OK, here is another shot at the pee. I've got it beading up more as I increased the resolution. I'm pretty happy with the behavior here.

Higher Resolution Pee Test

I've also had a go with the high powered spray from the hydrant that Bosko will be peeing on. I'm not too happy with this one.

Hydrant test

I really don't like the thickness of the fluid. It's most noticeable where the fluid breaks up and then where it lays on the floor after spraying. It looks a bit thick, almost like vaseline or something. Any thoughts as to how to improve this? It's basically just a fast spray of realistic water, but the puddle it leaves behind needs to work better here.

FloydBishop

Postby FloydBishop » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:45 am

OK, I think I have the water to a point where I can live with it. I'm doing a render of the test now. I'll post the results soon.

Return to “Contest WIP”