Washed Away -richdj

Post here to join the contest
richdj

Washed Away -richdj

Postby richdj » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:00 pm

Hey man, always good to have another VIPER pilot nearby..

shakeyman wrote: I´m curious how you realize the interaction between the animated objects and the simulated particles.

The last test I did was a simple animation in LW and I exported an .sd file (which is extremely fast).. Once I imported it into RF I simply added the emmiter and well, it just worked.. I've not looked into the realwave or particle side yet, mainly because I don't want to bog myself down..

shakeyman wrote: It never works the way I want when I use animated objects interacting with lots of water...
For example a simple animated bottle dropping into a tank..

About 3 hours ago I would have said make an emmiter and fill up the bottle, wait for it to settle, then save it as a single .bin file, then bring in the animated bottle with the bin file.. However, now (please anyone with any real experience jump in and give me a better way of doing it) I would make a dummy object and use 'fill object' emmiter. I've used this in my latest wip image and it worked swimingly...

Hope this helps, If not let me know what your struggling with and I'll do my best to find a solution. I'm by no means an expert, and learning new stuff all time..

A little update... I've messed up a little and can't get the log animation into LW (done in RF) I know it's Me and not RF/LW causing the problem. I really should read the help files... Anyhoo, I think you get the idea from this video - 1.9mb... Yes, I know that the Log wouldn't go to the bottom of the flume (track), but again this was a test for me and not a finishing animation. I also need to make the liquid more watery, it's too blobby at the moment, but it's coming on....

Rich
One nurnie at a time

richdj

Washed Away -richdj

Postby richdj » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:29 am

richdj wrote: About 3 hours ago I would have said make an emmiter and fill up the bottle, wait for it to settle, then save it as a single .bin file, then bring in the animated bottle with the bin file.. However, now (please anyone with any real experience jump in and give me a better way of doing it) I would make a dummy object and use 'fill object' emmiter. I've used this in my latest wip image and it worked swimingly...

Had a little play with this and couldn't get it to work... I'll endeavour to see what's what and how it can be done..

Rich
One nurnie at a time

shakeyman

Washed Away -richdj

Postby shakeyman » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:47 pm

About 3 hours ago I would have said make an emmiter and fill up the bottle, wait for it to settle, then save it as a single .bin file, then bring in the animated bottle with the bin file.. However, now (please anyone with any real experience jump in and give me a better way of doing it) I would make a dummy object and use 'fill object' emmiter. I've used this in my latest wip image and it worked swimingly...

Here is an example of what I´m after.
Just play the video (sorry its german) and you´ll see what I mean.
high detail macro splash ;)

and this is what I´ve got so far (bottle not rendered)...so still a very long way :/
Dunno if it´s even possible to get such a crown without scripting.

But sorry I´m hijacking your thread so back to your topic now!

I think your blobbyness is mesh related.
Maybe the blending factor to high, did you use relaxing in the filter properties?
Could help as well.
It´s sometimes quite tweak intensive, because so many parameters affect each other drastically.

I like the celshader look

richdj

Washed Away -richdj

Postby richdj » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:48 pm

Cheers Shakeyman, Your splash should be more than do-able, I think like mine it just needs alot of tweeking, I might have a play between the wip.. I can't remember my setings of the top of my head, but I'll look when I get time, in need of sleep at the moment.. The cell shade look, cheers, it was just for something different...

Rich
One nurnie at a time

richdj

Washed Away -richdj

Postby richdj » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:27 pm

OK thought I should post a little update, thankfully the deadline was extended...

Rich
One nurnie at a time

richdj

Washed Away -richdj

Postby richdj » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:20 pm

A little update, need to alter the water and the animation a little, but it's coming on...

HERE

Rich
One nurnie at a time

O'Neill

Washed Away -richdj

Postby O'Neill » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:25 pm

This could be the next generation of water park rides....... ...... on the moon. :D

darktding

Washed Away -richdj

Postby darktding » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:31 pm

O'Neill wrote: This could be the next generation of water park rides....... ...... on the moon. :D

I think what O'Neill is trying to say is you might want to have a high particle count and modulate gravity to sell the idea.
I like the animation of the coaster; the little stop and the picking up of speed is a nice addition and having a high particle count you can get a much better result...

richdj

Washed Away -richdj

Postby richdj » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:41 pm

O'Neill wrote: This could be the next generation of water park rides....... ...... on the moon. :D

:biggrin:

Yeah, I know it need's altering.. The main thing (for this test) was using a low poly version in RF and using the highpoly version in LW.

More to come...

Rich
One nurnie at a time

O'Neill

Washed Away -richdj

Postby O'Neill » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:44 pm

I'll be waiting to see your final animation. :cool:

Return to “Contest WIP”