Soft Body/Cloth

Discussion about softbody / cloth simulation in Realflow 4
blinxpro

Soft Body/Cloth

Postby blinxpro » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:04 pm

Has anyone been using this?

I'm trying to pass a rigid body through a soft body and have the soft body tear. Does anyone have an idea of how I would achieve this? I believe I read that this is possible in the RF4 pdf file but I haven't found out how.

CapitanRed

Soft Body/Cloth

Postby CapitanRed » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:48 pm

u can use elasitcs in stead of liquids.

let realflow emit some particles.the outer pressure should be stronger than the inner. then animate the speed to 0(keyframing), change to elastic.
there you have break limit and things like that. read in the manual for nearer descripton.

if you want to have your elastic stay somewhere, so you can tear it, make a mesh in your 3d application, and import to realflow. make sure, the emitter and the mesh are clipping and react to each other. so the elastic will stick in the mesh.

I hope i could help you.
www.Capitanred.carbonmade.com

zoom 7.3

Soft Body/Cloth

Postby zoom 7.3 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:52 am

nice solution, i agree with CapitanRed, but don't you think that the difference in pressures(in and out) will achieve a nice result?,,well,it deserves to try
the black H

DesignerV

Soft Body/Cloth

Postby DesignerV » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:47 am

By the way, does somebody know how to export softbody dynamics from RF4 to max 8? :)

CapitanRed

Soft Body/Cloth

Postby CapitanRed » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:28 pm

I think you have to set the outer pressure stronger than the inner so you get your softbody about the same size as the mesh(towel or something), and it does not get thicker. it stays like it is then, but has more detail because there are more particles in it.

Exporting softbodies.

I think you can check dynamics.sd in the export scene, and when you load it in max, the mesh will be animated. you have to try, never did that one :happy:
www.Capitanred.carbonmade.com

blinxpro

Soft Body/Cloth

Postby blinxpro » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:14 am

Thanks guys, I'll give your suggestions a try this week and post my results.

blinxpro

Soft Body/Cloth

Postby blinxpro » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:05 pm

As I understand it, NL says that Soft body import into Max still has a bug and isn't possible yet with RF4.

Far Star

Soft Body/Cloth

Postby Far Star » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:35 am

So you cannot import soft body into Max. That is not good not good at all. How long has ths bug been around?

Return to “RF4: Softbody / cloth simulation”