simulation timingtion : how do i r

Discussion about softbody / cloth simulation in Realflow 4
ahmed_shalaby

Postby ahmed_shalaby » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:18 pm

ok guys ! happy to be here , just a question: how can i control the timing of simulation with out altering parameters like speed or so ? i am using max btw and when imported mesh i tried to retime it i.e : make drops stop in air and camera turn around (matrix style) , but found no mean for this

ahmed_shalaby

Postby ahmed_shalaby » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:22 pm

sorry i dint recognize that i wrote in wrong section , sorry!

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:26 pm

I would say that the easiest way of doing this would be to duplicate the bin file for the frame you want to stop the action at, for as many frames as you need, and renumber the sequence of files from the first duplicated frame onwards.

There are a few utlities out there that'll renumber sequential file sequences for you (I think I have one called filename converter from DStorm). Its a relatively painless process for this sort of example.

BTW, Filename Converter isn't a Lightwave plugin, its a standalone app, so no need to worry on that front. There are of course many of these utilities around.

If you want to do this inside RF, it's a little more complicated :)

Shaun

ranxerox

Postby ranxerox » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:37 pm

in maya you can just break the time input into the realflow node and retime the curve. Of course if a frame lands in between simulation frames then the resulting mesh will be the result of linear interpolation which may or may not look good. The best way to compensate for this is to oversample (set your simulation to say 120 fps to generate more frames).

-ranxx

ahmed_shalaby

Postby ahmed_shalaby » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:56 pm

thank u guys for replies , u know the renaming would do the right job indeed, i thought about it but believed that would be more neater way , thank you i will try it and post the result as soon as i can .

Return to “RF4: Softbody / cloth simulation”