stanley_asbeek

beerFoam and multiThreads mesh rendering scripts

Postby stanley_asbeek » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:58 pm

hello everyone

anybody can help me ?

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:34 pm

Have you tried contacting Robb directly? You could PM him?

Alternatively, you could try this script (for windows).

Shaun

stanley_asbeek

Postby stanley_asbeek » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:54 am

thanks
it works great !

i will rather you that one ;o)

Elgyn

Postby Elgyn » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:57 am

Is there an example RF file somewhere that shows exactly what parameters to use in order to make the beerfoam look realistic?

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:40 pm

Which script are you using?

Shaun

Elgyn

Postby Elgyn » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:31 am

This one
http://www.nextlimit.com/nlscript/ranking_scripts.php?id=63

But what is this?
http://www.nextlimit.com/nlscript/ranking_scripts.php?id=37
Have you tried it?

shaun_michael

Postby shaun_michael » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:25 am

Is there an example RF file somewhere that shows exactly what parameters to use in order to make the beerfoam look realistic?

Generally with these exchange scripts (as both of the examples you've cited are) you have the option of altering all parameters of the "dummy" emitter (the one that will contain the foam particles once they've been removed, or generated by the other emitter plus the script) with a few things to remember. Its advised that you always keep the resolution common betwen emitters in this scenario. So make sure your foam emitter and liquid emitter are the same res. All other settings are up for grabs but bear in mind what might happen to a particle when you suddenly change it's pressure setting for instance. Density is the important one as lower density means lighter particle, and as you want your foam to collect on the top of your fluid, you need to ensure the density of the foam emitter is less that that of the liquid emitter. How much? Well that's up to you and your testing for speed of ascent of the particle through the liquid volume.

Within the script you'll often have condition statements that control when a particle is moved from one emitter to the other. These can be velocity or pressure for example. I think both scripts have a return condition also that changes the foam back to the liquid emitter when the particle reaches another condition such as very low velocity and this'll give you that nice cyclical change of the liquid to foam back to liquid again. The rate of which is again down to you and your testing. I believe Robb's script also has a height condition controlled by a null (can't remember off the top of my head)

The look of the particle is obviously down to how you simulate it and then how you render it.

The second script is Bealobo's, and if you search the forum under beer foam you will see many threads discussing it's use.

Shaun

Return to “User Scripts”