Mutiple Rigid Bodies with water particle interaction - Need Assistance

Discussions about rigidbody simulation in Realflow 4
Ward.Eight

Postby Ward.Eight » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:17 am

Hello, I am using RF4 and am somewhat new to the program and it's dynamics.

I'm trying to make a water paddle wheel, like you see on small hydro-electric generator buildings.

I created a few objects inside of 3DS Max 2011, exported and imported the files into RF as OBJ's

I have a RF plane object as my base ground for everything to dynamically rest upon

I'm trying to get the wheel to sit upon an axle, which rests upon an A-frame, which lays on the ground plane, all dynamically. Then the water pours down this troth onto the wheel, dynamically turning the wheel to "generate power."

The problem is, I can't get the objects to play nicely with each other. I had some success turning things into soft body objects, but I really just need them to keep their same form. My objects fall through the ground plane and I'm not sure if they are interacting with each other (because they fall at the same rate (good old Newtonian physics))

Here is my project file in a .zip format
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1cKOJ-6NNbvYTJlMzFlYTgtNDEyYi00NGU3LTg3YmEtZTllOWU0OGFjMDdm&hl=en&authkey=CI7-6N8M

If you have any suggestions on how to get my objects to rest together, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Ward.Eight

Postby Ward.Eight » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:34 am

This post was an image but link was broken. It was just of the project window, which you can see after unzipping and opening the RF4 project.

Return to “RF4: Rigidbody simulation”