rbd mass question

Discussions about rigidbody simulation in Realflow 4
dexter

rbd mass question

Postby dexter » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi,

im preparing a project for an Arquitect studio with realflow, they want me to simulate the collapse of an industrial crane when lifting a huge charge, they want the simualtion being as closer to real crane behaviour as possible, they gave me a table of masses for the crane and the charge. Im having problems with this, it is supposed the volume for a cube is computed as,

Volume = side*side*side,

then the mass would be volume*density, supposing a default density of 1000 gr/m3 the final mass of a cube of side 1 should be 1000 gr, howver realflow assign a mass of 500 units to the unit cube, may any body tell me why? is this a bug?

lukeiamyourfather

rbd mass question

Postby lukeiamyourfather » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:29 pm

I don't really follow what the problem is, where are you getting the density from? Also the mass parameter is kilograms per cubic meter.

dexter

rbd mass question

Postby dexter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:04 am

Ok man Kgr/m3, my question is why the default mass of an unit cube in realflow is 500.0 when it should be 1000.0, I know I can set my own mass value but as Im trying to make my sim as close to real measures as possible , I need to know why realflow assign the default mas 500.0 to adjust my own data to the realflow units, if as I gess this is a bug and the correct mass would be 1000.0 It is no need to fit my data and my work woulb be easier, may anybody clarify this issue?

Return to “RF4: Rigidbody simulation”