Rigid Body - Problem with Mass and Real Wave Interaktion

Discussions about rigidbody simulation in Realflow 4
flow555

Postby flow555 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi there!

I'm trying to achieve a scene where a submarine comes out of the water falls back and travels on.

First Problem:
The Mass of my submarine. I'm using the utility tool to find it out - something abou 2400 L. (1L is the same to 1kg (I thought)) Therefore with a mass of 2400kg it shouldn't move? (No "waves" quite ocean).
No it sinks. When I'm giving it a too smal mass it is bouncing on the waves. But to find the right one seems to be very hard.
And the next thing is: I found a number. It's staying on the surface, right on the right height. But starting the simulation with the submarine under the water it sinks. Because of what? Surface tension?

Ok Moving a object could be done by putting a impuls generating particle in the back of it but not the right thing what I'm searching.

I found this on a other thread
Letting it follow a path?
Or A constraint point for the Submarine?

Its just moving a straight way
What do you think is the best?

Hopefully my English is good enough.
All the best!
Flow

flow555

Postby flow555 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:15 pm

New "problem"

Normally if you have a heavy object it sinks to a deeper level. Less heavier (but the same volume) its goes to a higher level.
Why isn't this so in RF?

Or what I'm doing wrong :D

lukeiamyourfather

Postby lukeiamyourfather » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:39 pm

Why not animate the submarine? Then let the simulation take care of the water surface. Trying to simulate the submarine movement seems unnecessarily complex. Cheers!

Return to “RF4: Rigidbody simulation”