Keyframing issue rigid body in realflow 4

Discussions about rigidbody simulation in Realflow 4
jeetra

Postby jeetra » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:50 am

I am new to RF and this is my first post. This may seem like a total noob issue, but here we go:

I have set up my scene in c4d and want a logo to splash into a real wave at the end of my animation in c4d. This needs to occur at frame 400. I need the gravity deamon to start acting on my logo at frame 340. I have tried keyframing the active state of both the logo and the gravity so that my logo starts to fall on frame 340, but this is having no effect when i simulate.

What am i doing wrong? Also, is there some way to see the keyframes better in the time line (expand in the vertical to see f curves or similar?)

TIA

derik

Postby derik » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:03 pm

I've had similar problems.
I ended up not keying the active state , but just setting the force of the gravity daemon to zero and animate that up. That worked pretty well.

Unfortunatly the animation tools in RF is next to nothing. and you can not see your keys in the timeline. The only place to see and minipulate keys is in the graph editor, but beware , undo doesn't work in graph editor!

Cheers

jeetra

Postby jeetra » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:13 pm

I found the best solution was to bake dynamics solvers in c4d. Unfortunately the dynamics are not as realistic as in RF. Such an obvious flaw in RF, you'd think they would do something about it!

dexter

Postby dexter » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:43 am

In place of animating the gravity daemon, you can animate the dyn motion parameter of the rigid body, this works for sure.

jeetra

Postby jeetra » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:01 pm

I tried animating the rigid body, but it had no effect. Strange! Its a shame that such things are no developed more, it really holds the program back.

sirchillalot

Postby sirchillalot » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:05 pm

yeah i think i know your problem, if this correct if i say you want that a object change his bheaviour ?

i hope its correct if i say that you cant change the beahviour during the simulation with keyframes

i am also a noobi i fix my problem with phyton script and the object get his active status at frame....

maybe you cant do that manually you stop the simulation and than change the bheaviur
or you look on the real flow script site

Return to “RF4: Rigidbody simulation”