Mesh Jitter with Magic Daemon

bclark22

Mesh Jitter with Magic Daemon

Postby bclark22 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a concept with the Magic Daemon. I am really happy with the results of the morphs between objects using the Magic Daemon, however there is a significant amount of jitter.

Here is the link to my video so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZvxYaiDNTI

As you can see where the V and S letters are held in place, they continue to jitter a lot. I have tried a lot of things but it seems that the mesh is just not smart enough to know not to move during those times.

Things I have tried:
- Keyframing a drag force at those times and then releasing the drag force when the next transition happens
- Using a small bit of filter/relaxation
- My substeps are at 1 min and 333 max. Do I need to increase my minimum?
- My scene scale is very large for these letters because I have been reading that large scene scale helps with jitter. Right now to give you an idea the "V" letter has a volume of 2861826.27l. When I did the scene scale 10 times smaller than this I still get the jitter.

Any help and ideas is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Oldcode

Re: Mesh Jitter with Magic Daemon

Postby Oldcode » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:43 pm

One thing you can try that you didn't list is the K_Speed demon.

If you do the settings very low, and set it to keep instead of deleting the particles. It's pretty good at calming sloshing fluids.

For examples when I start a sim, and I need to the fluid to settle first, I use the setting below and the fluid settles much much faster than it would normally. When I need to fluid to move more freely, I either delete the demon or change the setting when I start the actual simulation.

Good luck,
Attachments
K_Speed Demon Setting.jpg
K_Speed Demon Setting
K_Speed Demon Setting.jpg (12.67 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

bclark22

Re: Mesh Jitter with Magic Daemon

Postby bclark22 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:05 am

Oldcode wrote:One thing you can try that you didn't list is the K_Speed demon.

If you do the settings very low, and set it to keep instead of deleting the particles. It's pretty good at calming sloshing fluids.

For examples when I start a sim, and I need to the fluid to settle first, I use the setting below and the fluid settles much much faster than it would normally. When I need to fluid to move more freely, I either delete the demon or change the setting when I start the actual simulation.

Good luck,

That's awesome.. I didn't even know there was a keep function for that, I thought it just killed them no matter what if they hit the speed barrier.

Thanks! I will give it a go and see what happens! :)

Return to “General topics”