Slow Motion Water Splash?

trance

Slow Motion Water Splash?

Postby trance » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to RF and trying to figure out how to make my simulation (3 objects splashing into a small amount of water) in slow motion.
I have an accurate simulation that lasts 90 frames and want to turn it into an appx 25 second long animation of the water splashing in slow mo. How do I do this in RF? It doesn't seem like I can do it in C4D with the simulation I've already made by just adjusting the FPS...

Oldcode

Re: Slow Motion Water Splash?

Postby Oldcode » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi,

What I'd try to do is bring the objects from C4D and do the object dynamics in Real Flow. Run the simulation with a frame rate high enough so you can get the length of time you want.

Being new to Real Flow, I'd try to do the object dynamics in Real Flow at the normal speed first until you get it right, then increase the frame rate until you get the timing right.

When everything is done, you can import the objects with their motions back into C4D via a SD file.

Good Luck,
"My sword and my service are yours."

"Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code."

trance

Postby trance » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:41 am

Thank you for applying!

I will do that instead. The only problem I have is how to figure out the right value for max substeps in relation to my frame rate?

trance

Postby trance » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:48 am

oops I meant *replying

Return to “General topics”