Liquid sticking to object problem

Exordium84

Liquid sticking to object problem

Postby Exordium84 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:57 am

I am trying to simulate a cylindrical object rising out of a pool, but i seem to have this problem whereby the fluid sticks onto the surface and doesn't drip down. Tried playing with the sticky and surface friction settings to no avail. Anyone knows what i am doing wrong here?
Attachments
RealFlowProblem.jpg
RealFlowProblem.jpg (118.76 KiB) Viewed 2413 times

Otuama

Re: Liquid sticking to object problem

Postby Otuama » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:46 am

Are there particles within the object? By looking at the mesh it looks as if there are.
Otuama - Vimeo
'Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.' - Gandhi
'Realism is in the eye of the beholder' - Me ;)

Exordium84

Postby Exordium84 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:04 am

Otuama wrote:Are there particles within the object? By looking at the mesh it looks as if there are.

Yes, you are right, there are actually particles in the object. I lowered the collision distance for the object down to 0.0 but it doesnt seem to be interacting correctly with the water now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D87Kjrq-VwE

I am trying to achieve something similar to whats shown in the youtube video, would appreciate it if anyone has any relavant tutorials.

chrispan

Postby chrispan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:10 am

hey,
I can see that you filled the pool with a fill object. Where is your cylindrical object than? In the pool or under the pool like in the reference video?
cause if it's in the pool it gets filled with particles as well. so that could might be your problem.

I did a test with default settings and everything works fine.

http://www.vidup.de/v/ly3MQ/
frame_00024.png
frame_00024.png (91.07 KiB) Viewed 2378 times

bitSeq

Postby bitSeq » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:34 am

A quick fix would be to change the particle collision from both to outside, this will let the particles on the inside of the object to leak out.

Exordium84

Postby Exordium84 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:23 am

chrispan : thanks for running that test, currently trying realwave +realsplash for now. If it doesnt work out i will go back to that.

bitSeq : yup that seemed to have helped. thanks!

Right now i seem to have an issue with the realsplash effect, when my object breaks the wave's surface, the particles from realsplash goes crazy and "bubbles" to the surface at an insane rate, is there anyway to tone this down, i have lowered damn near every value associated with speed in the RW_Object_Splash menu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLJu-OxLbY8

Like how this guy did this.

Return to “RF5: Fluid simulation”