Filter Daemon split

octavio

Filter Daemon split

Postby octavio » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:32 pm

hi,

am doing a sim using the Filter daemon and container emmiter.

when true, i get particles birthing a distance apart form the original particles, it happens when i have the split option on.

i figured is due to extra particles being born, but is it possible to control the distance?

i have a vessel and when the condition is 'on particle collision' some are born outside the cup.

while im at it, is there a way of having fluid A turn in to Fuid A and FLuid B? either adding extra particles or having every 2nd particle from fluid B?

thanks

octavio

bitSeq

Filter Daemon split

Postby bitSeq » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:10 pm

The splitting function does not take into account your geometry, so particles will be created outside of your container, there are a few things you can do.

Increase the collision distance on the object (this may affect you render though)

Use a script to remove the particles outside of the container

Use clipping objects to avoid meshing the unwanted particles.

Use another filter on number of Neighbours (less than 3 for example) and send them to another emitter to be deleted.

octavio

Filter Daemon split

Postby octavio » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:21 am

of course! so simple, added a second filter daemon so for every one particle A, i get particle B and C...and they are not outside the cup now as they (B & C) start from the same position

lets sim and see ho it looks.....

thanks!

Return to “RF5: Fluid simulation”